Just a 23 year old college graduate trying to keep fit and shed some inches.

Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 New Years Resolutions

In 2012 I plan on doing the following in order to improve my life:


DIET
1. Drop down from 132 lbs back to 120 before bikini season.
I used to be 114 lbs in high school and the first two years in college. In the summer of 2010, I gained 5 lbs while writing my book. Then when I started p90x in April, I gained a few more pounds and was between 122-125 lbs after muscle gains. On the flip side, I stopped eating processed crap and enriched flours and felt more energized without sugar and all the other artificial garbage on grocery shelves nowadays. From Thanksgiving to Christmas, I binged on cupcakes from work and all other sorts of junk food due to stress eating/not working out...and I gained 5 more pounds because of it. I'm not fat, by any means, but I have inches and pounds I want to shed to reattain my beach body.

2. Eat clean for my health.
That means no more cupcakes or snacks from work; no more eating unhealthy foods at restaurants (though the occasional meal is ok with me); avoiding sugar (like pastries, etc)--unless that sugar comes from fruits and veggies or "healthier" junk food, like KIND bars. I have Truvia if I need some sort of sweetener in my tea or Choffy. I have fruits and whipped cream for a decadent treat. I will also allow myself to have DARK chocolate... so long as it is in moderation and contains some sort of fiber and/or antioxidants. If I don't have a problem with wheat, then I also have clean treats I can start making again.

3. Cut out grains for at least 14 days.
Something in my diet is bothering my digestive system. I thought it was yogurt, however, there are days when I eat yogurt and I am perfectly fine... There are also plenty of days where I avoid dairy in general and I am not fine. The next culprit is wheat, which I have begun to eat more of, recently. I will eat more legumes, fruits, veggies, healthy fats, and lean proteins to compensate for the lack of wheat. I should be eating more of these foods in general--especially the lean proteins, fruits, and veggies.

4. I will NOT beat myself up if I binge or mess up with my diet.
I do not consider this a diet, though I am aiming for 1200 calories per day. This is a lifestyle change. I need to learn how to say no while working at the bakeshop. I need to learn how to not binge on sugar (which I started doing ever since I started working at the bakeshop) when I am stressed or upset.

6. I will not treat food as a reward.
Guilty. I need to stop treating the pastries as a reward or something that I deserve, which is a mindset I adopted since working at the bakeshop, too. Instead, I will treat myself to a manicure, or I will buy myself something that I don't necessarily need, but that I want.

7. I will only eat when I am hungry.
I need to treat food like food again and stop when I am full, eat slowly, and only eat when I am hungry (though bakeshop days are different. I NEED to eat breakfast then, otherwise I will eat junk lol).


FITNESS
1. Work out at least 5 days a week.
This is my "me" time! For p90x-2, i would ideally do the stretching and recovery tape for my two rest days, meaning I work out 7 days a week total. When I finish p90x-2, I will start a new workout program (probably Turbo Jam) right away; I will not make excuses or fall off the fitness bandwagon--even if my life becomes entirely too chaotic and stressful while pursuing this nutrition degree.

2. Improvise if I can't do 40-60 minutes of a workout.
If I do not have the energy to do my p90x-2 workout that day, for whatever reason, I will still do pushups or squats to at least get my heart rate going--even if it's only for 5-10 minutes.

3. I will walk as often as I can.
Enough said.


MISC
1. I will try to socialize and remember to have fun... Instead of working all the time and being a hermit.
I miss having friends I could see whenever I want. I want to have girls nights out, or hang out with my guy friends. I may not be looking for a boyfriend, but that doesn't mean I should completely cut myself from all social interactions outside of school and work.


Well, they that the way you look depends on: diet 80%, exercise 10%, and genetics 10%. It would make sense that I fix my dysfunctional relationship with food again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review