Just a 23 year old college graduate trying to keep fit and shed some inches.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's my Birthday!

Today I turned 23, yippie! I don't feel much older, but my knees are killing me after this p90x-2 workout... and bad knees DOES make me feel older haha.

As with any birthday in my family, we went out to a restaurant to celebrate. I didn't want to eat restaurant food since I finally got myself back on track with eating well and clean, but what can you do? I did not eat breakfast this morning because I went to go and get bloodwork done (for the first time in years), so by the time I got out, I was fairly hungry and nerves (I hate needles) made it a bit worse.

Went to a health-conscious food place and got a large container that had: kale salad tossed in a yogurt dressing, mixed greens salad topped with pomegranate seeds and olive oil, some fennel and celery, some carrot and fennel slaw (which I didn't really eat because it wasn't that great), some chickpeas, and then some fava beans in this sort of marinara sauce.

It was fairly large, but I was also ravenous after not eating for 12+ hours. I figured I would eat light at lunch.... but what did I have at lunch?

  • Goat cheese fritters (which were essentially pieces of goat cheese wrapped in phyllo dough and crisped up in some oil. I probably had the equivalent of 1 triangle because I shared it with the rest of my fam) that came with a beet and arugala salad. I ate all of the arugala, half of the beets, and swapped the leftover beets for 1/3 of my grandma's chicken veggie soup. 
  • Then for my entree, I had this delicious fillet mignion in a red wine mushroom reduction that was to die for. I ate every last bite and do not regret its buttery, winey goodness. It came with sweet potatoes that were "supposedly" fried--according to my mom (but I think they probably poured some olive oil on them and grilled them because the edges were burnt... and you don't get blackened edges when you fry sweet potatoes)--and a tomato and arugala salad. I had half the arugala and gave the rest to my grandpa. He gave me a piece of his chicken.
  • For dessert I had one mini biscottini with my coffee, an individual cheesecake serving (ate most of this, but let the rest of my family try it), and then 3 spoonfuls of my grandma's bread pudding, a spoonful of my mom's creme brulee, a spoonful of my grandpa's tiramisu, and a spoonful of my dad's pistachio gelato. 
After eating lighter, I was ready to explode at this point, and remained nauseous for about 2 hours after eating. I've been stuffed the rest of the night, but that didn't stop me from sampling this new Kashi cereal I bought my mom last weekend--some cinnamon clusters cereal, which tastes like cardboard, ugh--and then the lentil soup we got from this restaurant we always go to when we want salads or don't feel like cooking, and then one slice of some turkey cold cuts.

I did my work out today: Total Body and Ab Ripper. I feel great after doing so, and I can somewhat rationalize the food I snacked on earlier.

Tomorrow I restart my no grains plan. I prefer eating on the lighter carb side, ie) unlimited veggies and 1-2 fruits per day. Have been eating lentil soup from a restaurant almost every single day. If anything is messing with my weight loss goals, it would be that. I plan on making my own lentil soup soon, but have been somewhat busy recently. I eat more protein and healthy fats (it's so easy eating cashews and almonds, ahh!)

So goals:
  • Eat clean - failed because I went to a restaurant and had desserts, but I'm not guilty because it was my birthday!
  • Eat more protein - is going strong
  • Eat more healthy fats - is going strong 
  • Eat less starchy carbs - eh, the legumes are dangerous 
  • Do not eat grains for 2 weeks - failed, restarting 1/13
  • Do not binge or emo eat - still going strong! 
  • Stick within my calorie range - failed that today, but like I said, I was going to be lenient since it's my birthday today 
Everything else goal-wise I'll track again Sunday night when I do my weekly roundup.

Tomorrow I want to restart being clean, and will try to do so to the best of my ability. Planned light meals to compensate for all I ate today. I will be going out with my guy friends tomorrow night, though, and they want to go out drinking *facepalm*  Will try to limit myself to 2 drinks max since I really don't want to consume sugar like that.

We'll see how my no binge/stress eat/continue to exercise plan goes! I only have a few more days left before 7 days have passed, and that means I get my first prize :) Although maybe I should count the lipstick I got today as my first prize lmao.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review